Monday, May 14, 2007

They call me. . .

I've been a little obsessed with Sidney Poitier as of late. I've watched To Sir With Love, In The Heat of the Night, and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner in the last week. I love his voice and the way he turns his body in certain ways, reacting sometimes stoically and other times visibly emotional. I watched Guess Who's Coming to Dinner with my mom last night. The film is dated 1967, the year my sister was born. I found it quite realistic, even 40 years later. The best part of the film was Isabel Sanford, who was far from her Louise Jefferson persona.

Mother's day was nice. I invited my parents to church and then lunch. L and I cooked. It was one of those times when I really love cooking. My mom appreciates eating food that someone else has prepared, and I do too. I drank too much wine on the porch during lunch, so while my mom napped L and I gardened. It was my slice of heaven for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like Poitier you should try Lilies of the Field next. He sings in that one.
-d

CBK said...

I saw "To Sir With Love" in high school and liked it. The scene when the kids explain rhyming slang really stuck with me.