Sunday, January 14, 2007

Winners

I'm watching the Patriots beat the Chargers right now. I'm a terrible fan, like a lapsed church goer or even feigning awareness of current events. I sat in a cheesy Australian theme pub at Picadilly Circus in London in 2002, watching the Pats beat St Louis. Well, almost. Our minicab arrived before the game was over, and we stayed as long as we could until he threatened to leave. We left the pub before the game was over. As we arrived back in Harrow at about 3:30 a.m., I called my brother in the states to find the results and do some loud cheering and whooping. It's hard to be a fan of US sports in England, unless you have access to Sky Sports which we did not. I did watch the World Series there too, very late at night. I remember it as the ugly white guy one, where Curt Schilling and Randy Johnson of the Diamondbacks shared the glory of winning.

No comments: