Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Size

My mother and I were once hissed at by a saleswoman in Lane Bryant, because we were too small to be shopping in the store. I was half insulted and half pleased. Maybe we suffer from Body Dysmorphic Disorder? My mother used to see very large people and ask me if she was the same size, to which I would answer, "No, are you kidding?" I always suffered the opposite syndrome. You could call it Body Denial Disorder. I often see myself very differently than the reality. When I saw pictures of me so heavy, I realized that I had no idea at the time. I knew, but I didn't know. I suppose that's when I became addicted to cheesy magazines, to avoid eating cheesy snacks.

I'm not so concerned by size nowadays. I am still 40 lbs less than those days of size 22's and I am healthy. I could stand some exercise but at the same time, I've got lots of good things going for me.

Today I bought quite a bit of yarn. I feel like I am wool hoarding for the winter, but I will make a gd felted bag if it kills me. I am 1/2 way through the baby blanket for my new cousin. He might be able to use it as a buff for his first car, by the time I complete it.

No comments: