Friday, July 14, 2006

Mooned

The full moon had a strange effect on my entire life last week. Case in point was a phone call I received from L sometime early in the week.
L: Hi, I just wanted to ask you something.
Me: Yes?
L: Did you pee on the toilet seat?
Me: No!
L: Okay. Did you leave a face cloth with excrement on it on the sink?
Me: NO!
L: Okay, just checking. It wasn't me, and it wasn't F.A.K., so I thought it might have been you.

This might sum up our experience with the Fresh Air Fund, although I am trying to muster some hope and say I don't want to give up on the kid, and we could try it again. The kid is obviously not a serial killer, just a lazy sod who litters, lies and leaves our bathroom a bit messed up. He was kind to the dogs and he mentioned several (heartwrenching) times that he would like to come back to this family.

My resolution for my birthday is to finally change my name. I've been hesitant to do so because I have been waiting for estate issues to be resolved but I don't want to wait any longer. It's time.

No comments: