Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Welcome to the jungle


This man alone has raised the crime rate in Sweden. I hate to think of a place so pure being tainted by a has-been.

In better news, we are all set for our fresh air kid. I can relive my childhood by taking him to cool places. I am thrilled! Of course, digging out my bathing suit and being responsible are in order.

I fell asleep last night watching Y tu mamá también. I wish I hadn't, because I loved the style of the film, with the narrative cuts and the use of windows. I will finish it. I really wish I could speak Spanish and not be hung up over the subtitles, which I don't think translated all that well.

L made me a Rage Against the Machine mix. I find it very therapeutic, and loud. I hope Axel Rose can find some sort of escape besides alcohol and random acts of violence. I started to read Smashed and I decided to return it because of the other books I am working on. Frankly, it frightened me. I drank a lot when I lived in Boston, including a period when I made many stupid decisions. I'm not anti-alcohol but after reading the first few chapters of the book, I saw some nasty comparisons to my bad choices. This book was like the monkeys from the Wizard of Oz to me- fascinating but scary to think about.

No comments: