Thursday, April 20, 2006

An Embarassment to the Field of Information Science

Wow. I can't believe this way of thinking has seeped into my profession. Especially annoying is that they name themselves SHUSH- for the conservative librarian, something we are trying to get away from. Although, I have been shushing a lot of people lately. They all have been men, and were either intoxicated and/or mentally ill. One today told me that we were "slowly getting to know one another." Wrong. I might have to have my beefy Canadian boyfriend come into work and flex his pipes. Or pull some Wonder Woman shit and let him know I'm not interested. Some days my life plays out one of those videos you have to watch for Human Resources, to prove you understand their sexual harassment policy. Ho hum.

No comments: