Thursday, June 05, 2008

Funk

I've been in a little bit of a funk lately. It involves mainly my personal turmoil, which includes frustration about work, motherhood, and other episodic periods of self doubt. The good news is that my friend Shannon is coming to the States with her partner from England, and I made a new friend named Shannon whom I went biking with today. We did 12 miles, and I feel great. I also got new glasses, and it feels wonderful to see clearly again. My other pair was a bit scratched.



I went to see Sex and the City last night with a friend. I nearly was in tears several times. It was closure in a sense, eye candy and film with not a lot of depth, but still very entertaining and thoughtful. I may not live in a city but I have grappled with love, friendship, and all the conflict those situations entail. It was my friend who is a minister who first introduced me to the show. I love it.

We went out to the farm last weekend with the dogs, which was nice since we didn't have to leave them at home. I feel guilty sometimes, since we seem to have bouts of busyness and don't have a lot of time to spend with the dogs. My father was actually accepting of the fact that the dogs were in the house. He's of the belief that animals live in barns and not in the house. Our dogs are used to the comfort of home, so we differ there. We had a great visit. Merlin was especially taken by the beef cows my dad has right now.

3 comments:

White Hot Magik said...

When you are in a funk, get funky! (I am trying to be silly, in case that falls flat.)

I think Merlin wants a hamburger.

Hyperher said...

I do have an impressive collection of Motown now. I should have just blared some music and thrashed around the living room. Dancing always makes me feel better...

Patty O said...

I did a story for the newspaper last week about a girl going on a cross-country biking trip. All this biking is going to make me want to do it myself!