Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mum


This is my mom, circa 1962.

I wish I wasn't sick, because I am going to meet my parents tonight and then bring my mom back to my house so we can spend the day together tomorrow. Being sick is a gift of stillness, unless you wake up coughing and can't stop. I think getting sick is nature's way of saying, "whoa, slow down." Of course, I am exposed to different people every day. I am bound to pick up something.

I'm not sure what Mom and I will do tomorrow. I made some key lime squares, and maybe we'll go out on an adventure of sorts. I love spending time with mom. She has a real calming presence. I am more like my father, structured and a time keeper, but when I am with my mom I can let that go. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because she accepts me for me. I never feel as if I have to be anything but me around her.

Thanks, Mom.

1 comment:

White Hot Magik said...

That is sweet. I hope you feel better and enjoy your day.