Sunday, February 24, 2008

No Oscars for me

I tried in vain to adjust my rabbit ears, but all I got was a snowy Barbara Walters interviewing Ellen Page. No Oscars for me tonight then. I haven't seen to many of the movies, although what I did see I loved. Props to Juno and Away from Her. Go Canada! One stars a Canadian and the other was directed by Canadian Sarah Polley, who was nominated for adapted screenplay. Julie Christie is also nominated for best actress. She was born in India but educated in England. Gordon Pinsent, who is also Canadian and played Julie Christie's husband, did not get an Oscar nomination but should have. I hope Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova win for "Falling." I loved Once. I'm reading The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (nominated for director, adapted screenplay, film editing and cinematography), which one of my co-workers called depressing. I suppose some people misunderstand poetry. I don't want to be distracted. I'd rather realism.

No comments: