Sunday, December 02, 2007

Winter won't wait

I drove out to my parents' farm today to visit my brother. I lived on the farm until college, never having moved before in my life. It's pretty much the same there as it was in my childhood. My brother and me had breakfast at the local diner this morning. The owner called us by name when we entered the door, even though it's been over 10 years since I've seen her. I like going home. I hope at some point we will settle down in that area.

Winter definitely has arrived here, even though it's far from the official December date. You hear everyone talking about it and the impending storm coming tonight, the supermarkets are bustling with people, the weather people are getting out their cheesy sweaters and getting ready to announce the hundred school closures, and I'm pessimistic that my work will be cancelled. The good news is that I go into work at 11 tomorrow and the even better news is that if the weather continues to be crummy into the early evening, I am the one calling the shots tomorrow.

Some pictures from home. I love that the colors are so bright, even if everything else is dead and gray.




No comments: