Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sight

I'm a sight for sore eyes. I've had a cold for a week, which was the result of working too much, coupled with drinking too much beer last Saturday while playing Cranium, going swimming in the middle of the night, and then going to bed at 3 a.m. Now I've developed an infection in my eye, making me look ghoulish.

My father would say that I am sick because I am not eating meat, but the truth is that I wasn't eating that much meat to begin with. This is the 4th week of vegetarianism, with one minor slip up. I've been under of a lot of pressure at work (mostly self-imposed), and I had fast food one day. I don't miss the meat that much, although what I find slightly inconvenient is planning for family events. My mom got lobster today to celebrate my sister's birthday, but I didn't stay for lunch. Although I love it, I didn't feel right about it. I suppose I am feeling more and more like I want to live my life a certain way, leaving less of a material imprint and more of a social one.

No comments: