Friday, August 24, 2007

Batty

It seems that the start of my vacation would not be complete without the potential of getting rabies.

In the wee hours of this morning I awoke to hear the cat running around in circles in the bedroom, meowing frantically. I then heard L swear at the cat as he ran up L's arm and scratched him badly. I then saw what the cat was excited about: a bat was swooping around the room. I could see it clearly, even without my glasses. I shrieked and ran into the other bedroom. L closed the door and promised to go in shortly thereafter and take it outside, but when he did that he couldn't find it. Tonight, the bat reappeared and flew into the other bedroom. I freaked. I tried and tried to get the screen out of the window to free it, but it wouldn't budge. Batty swooped around my head and I gave up and called L at work. The bat is free now, and my heart rate has returned to normal.

No comments: