Thursday, December 07, 2006

Radio wrong

I should of known that it was going to be an odd day, since I sang along to a Steeley Dan song on my way to work this morning. Very much unlike me, since I think SD are albino pervs.

The past few days I have had a lot of communication with another librarian at another institution about John M., my lunatic library patron. He was banned from her library but he threatened to sue and so the administration at that institution conditionally let him back. he makes her staff nervous, as he is unstable and does things like takes pictures of his computer screen. He also told the staff that he carries a Leatherman. He's been banned from most of the rest of the libraries and other places open to the public in town. In today's police blotter I read this:
11:14 p.m., John M., 45, of XXXX was arrested at Denny's Restaurant on XXX Drive on a charge of violating a condition of release and issued a court summons on a charge of disorderly conduct.

Apparently he punched a woman in the face. Nice. Luckily he has not been back to my library. I would relish calling the police after he called me all those names and tried to bully me with that civil liberties bs.

On my way home from work tonight I heard the radio announcer introduce a song by someone he called "a new performer." As I listened I realized that it was no one new, but the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens. I yelled at the announcer. So Yusuf, as he is now calling himself, was singing "Heaven/Where True Love Goes." There was one lyric that really bugged me. Every time I hear Cat/Yusuf sing "heaven must've programmed you," I think C/Y is spreading some sort of subliminal message, modern Jedi mind games. I'm not sure what he's trying to say, except maybe appeal to techies or Scientologists with the programming bit. It's a lame song, either way.

No comments: