Sunday, December 24, 2006

Mean Reds


I think I have found a new best friend, or at least further inspiration for class and grace. I will never look like Audrey Hepburn, but I could act like her. I suppose her role in Breakfast at Tiffany's is not unlike Mary Tyler Moore's self titled program. I wanted that little apartment, and wit, and career once. I wanted to be lithe (still do), and well dressed and smartly vulnerable. It's funny, though. I am now just as happy with the thought of having several kids and painting the living room. Strange how it happens. When Holly Golightly talks about the mean reds, I know exactly what she means:
The blues are because you're getting fat or because it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of...When I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away.

Bless you, Audrey.

No comments: