Friday, May 19, 2006

Yearning for Yorn

I was feeling down in the dumps, until I checked my e-mail a few minutes ago. Amongst my personal e-mail and Move On updates, there was an e-mail from Pete Yorn. You know the kind, the ones that tell you about shows in New Jersey or upcoming releases? Well, this was different. This was actually advertising a US tour in support of a new album. I scanned the dates for a Boston show, which I found past his July 11th show at the Asylum in Portland! I feel like Kermit the Frog at the start of the Muppet show right now. It will be a happy birthday to me, indeed.

I went to my parent's house tonight to pick up the high chair I used as a kid. It is wooden and the paint has faded in parts, but it is yellow. I remember cheerios floating around on the tray and also waking up in that chair, long after dinner was over. I borrowed it since friends with a baby are coming tomorrow for waffles.

Happy weekend to you and I hope your yearnings become realities.

1 comment:

CBK said...

Don't you mean "Yornings?" ;-)