Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sneaky fruit (not to be confused with strange fruit)

I was driving up the avenue today, coming back from an errand when I saw this on the billboard sign at Burger King: Apple Fries.


What will they think of next to fry? Broccoli? Is the popularity of authors like Jessica Seinfeld (Deceptively delicious) and Missy Lapine (The Sneaky chef) forced fast food to try to compete and convince children that if they are going to eat healthy food then it must first be destroyed by oil? The thought of deep fried fruit scares me, although I sincerely miss good fish and chips. Call my hypocritical, but batter belongs on fish and not fruit and vegetables.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey honey!!
I love you and think your the best; however... I believe the apple fries are actually apple sticks cut to look like french fries to maintain a cool factor. I believe they held the grease. The 55g of fat in the whopper more then makes up for the oil.

I love this woman
Lars

CBK said...

Holy shit!! A comment from Lars! Hi, Lars!

And I was going to make the same point.

White Hot Magik said...

Okay, I was thinking the same thing, but then I was thinking how apple sticks deap fried would probably be good like a fritter and I am off to make sandwich now because every blog I have gone by is talkinb about food.