Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Celebrating Tasha

I learned today that one of my favorite childhood authors has passed away. I felt out of the loop not knowing that George Carlin had died, but then this evening my mom told me over the phone that Tasha Tudor had also passed away.

I had many of her books including this one, which my aunt gave me one year:


I used to crawl into this book and spend many hours looking at all her homey, intricate pictures. Her books, along with Richard Scarry's, were ones of escapism to me. Tasha Tudor lived her life as if she was a citizen of the 19th century. I can't think of a better way to celebrate her life than pick up one of her books and have a read.

1 comment:

White Hot Magik said...

I don't recall ever reading one of her books, although I loved Richard Scary too and love reading them to the boys. I recall spending long amounts of time looking at his books.