Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Eating it

I started reading Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. I think he's a prat, but he's got some interesting thoughts. Sometimes bluntness is refreshing. I like the seriousness of food in Bourdain's world. We don't need good food to exist, but it certainly makes life pleasurable. My second career is going to be a kitchen shop owner. I'm going to call it And The Dish Ran Away With the Spoon, and will carry cook books, cooking magazines, aprons, kitchen gadgets, wine and foodie type stuff. This is mainly because we have nothing like this here. Wiscasset has Treats, and we have nothing. That needs remedying.

2 comments:

CBK said...

Haha, great name!

White Hot Magik said...

I love the name of the store. I am not too familiar with him, I think I watched his show once. While I can't afford to eat the finest of everything, I appreciate the introduction of different foods and better tasting options shows like Bourdains have presented us. Although in general I am more of a Rachel Ray kind of girl.