Thursday, December 14, 2006

Documented

Recently I have had a run of non-fiction extracurricular stimulation, from reading to viewing. I finished Alison Bechdel's Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic, which I found made me think about my father a lot. I watched Inside Deep Throat, which made me think of the first time I read Gloria Steinem's Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions, and made me feel right at home. Netflix is sending me 49 Up and Devil's Playground, due tomorrow in my mail box. I can't wait. Beside my bed are various kid's books, 3 titles on Haiti, and Thomas Healey's dog memoir I Have Heard You Calling in the Night. When he describes King Cross and I can't help but remember the despair I felt in my horrible job near there, of the grime and my sulking in the McDonald's restaurant before work.

When I arrived home today I was so relived to see that L had washed the floors and put the new futon covers on our kamikazee futons. I also noticed that one of the dogs urped one, maybe as a territory marking gesture. The house is nearly ready for the holiday party in a mere 48 hours. I look forward to relaxing after another rushed week at work.

No comments: