Friday, April 14, 2006

Old Friends

I'm meeting an old friend this weekend that I have not seen in 3 years. For various reasons we drifted apart, and then I became my 7th grade self again and feared I must have done something really horrible so that she would not be in touch with me. 2 years ago I virtually retreated to my parent's house after my life fell apart, obsessively watching series (as I mentioned before) like Six Feet Under, weaning myself off meds and poking around on Match.com like a sadist. Dating, to me, is a terrifying and wonderful thing, like the Wizard of Oz. I feel I really lucked out, although I had some amusing experiences. There seems to be an awful lot of men over the age of 42 that are attracted to 30 year old women. Call me fickle, but if I saw any misspelled words or bad grammar, I deleted them.

I've had a lot of nice e-mails and feedback about this blog from other old friends, which makes me feel all squishy and warm inside. Kind of like when Gonzo sings that kindred spirit song, "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday."



Happy weekend and happy Easter!

No comments: